Its a Wonderful Life
I have been feeling like Jimmy Stewart in the movie It’s a Wonderful Life” !
This summer, I was given the chance to go back in time to visit my college roommate, my family, and my grade school friends and through this journey, I realized the impact I have had on other people. Don’t get me wrong, I never thought I was useless, but I also never realized how a smiling, positive child who wrote this in her yearbook “ I still believe in love, the best is yet to come” could have left an indelible positive impression on so many people. It was a reminder to me (40 years later) that all of us put out energy every day that either improves people’s lives including your own or makes them worse. And through our positive energy we can affect physical and emotional health and well-being.
Here are a ten ways (some may surprise you) to keep your energy positive for you and all around you.
- Be grateful – as Mindvalley Founder,Vishen Lakhiani author of The Code of the Extraordinary Mind, says, Gratitude is the key part of advancing your Blissipline practice. Quoting now, in a study by Robert Emmonds, PhD and Michael Mccullough, PhD “people who simply wrote down five things they were thankful for from the previous week showed a 25 percent difference in happiness levels compared to people who wrote down five negative things from the week.”
- Forgive everyone who has hurt you. You don’t have to tell them, but you really do need to release the anger from inside you, which ends up hurting your energy more than the person you are angry with. Lakhiani also has some interesting evidence of the power of this practice. According to Lakhiani, forgiveness has been shown to increase the Alpha waves when looking at brain scans and it turns out that Alpha Waves are linked to higher levels of creativity, empathy and compassion.
- Surround yourself with beauty – flowers, cute dogs, music that inspires. It is hard to stay unhappy when you are surrounded by beauty.
- Turn off as many of the negative messages that you can, including TV and social media. I do not read any rants anymore. It upsets me and I really don’t believe ranting ever leads to positive change. I once read getting angry about things is like stabbing yourself. Especially if someone else has figuratively stabbed you with whatever action you didn’t like. Why do you want to put a second knife in your belly?
- Do kind things for other people, whenever possible. It is amazing how good you feel when you are charitable to others. A recent study quoted in Mindbodygreen showed that random acts of kindness lead to longer feelings of happiness than shopping.
- Figure out what it is that you like about yourself and remind yourself of your good qualities daily. “I have a nice smile. I make people laugh. I work hard” are some of the qualities I like about myself.
- This is the surprising one. Be careful of what you eat. All food has energy. Make sure the energy from that food is clean and positive. In other words, the food should be made with love and should be grown in a way that does not put toxic energy into you.
- Make your home a sanctuary —keep it clean and uncluttered when possible. I have not studied Feng Shu, but I know I feel better when my home looks, feels and smells clean.
- Make sure your relationships, your career and your creative energy bring you joy. Nothing is perfect, but you are much more likely to attract and manifest positive energy if you are engaged in what you are doing. (In other words, find something that allows you to get into the flow) Lahkiani calls this “Bending Reality”
- Exercise and meditate daily – take a walk in nature, do yoga, sit in silence and breath and allow the collective positive energy of the Universe to infuse every cell with this living breathing sphere we live on known as earth.
I am pleased to have three opportunities to spread my brand of happiness to you. Check out my yoga classes, my jewelry designs or my health tips using doTERRA essential oils. Connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wish you health and joy in your day!
Heaven Lane Yoga – Designing custom yoga classes to meet your physical, emotional and health needs.
Ask me about Doterra Oils. I can save you 25% and provide you with great, useful information.
Connect with me!