Balancing the Third Eye Chakra
I am going to share something very personal with you because I think it will help illustrate why working the third eye or Brow Chakra is so important. When I was younger, I used to think every ailment that I got was going to be my last. I ran from doctor to doctor seeking answers to every little strange ache and pain that cropped up in my life. I also was afraid of everything– thunderstorms and earthquakes to name two of the big ones. For me, it was a lack of knowledge, discernment and life wisdom that kept me imbalanced. I had plenty of creativity and imagination (lol). I had a lot of work to do to develop faith in my inner wisdom. Often work on the 6th Chakra comes with age, but some people are born wise or life hits them hard early in life, so they are faced with many big issues that can lead to development of this intuitive sense. According to www.multidimension.com, the brow chakra and the crown chakra are interconnected with two parts of the brain. “The pituitary gland is called the ‘seat of the mind’ with the frontal lobe regulating emotional thoughts such as poetry and music, and the anterior lobe regulating concrete thought and intellectual concepts. On the other hand, the pineal gland is known as the ‘seat of illumination, intuition and cosmic consciousness’. The pineal gland is to the pituitary gland what intuition is to reason.” If this Chakra is out of balance, physically you might be experiencing head aches, eye aches or be unable to sleep or have nightmares.
The following is an excerpt from the class I teach on the third eye chakra. I encourage my students to try one of several doTERRA essential oil blends– clary sage to reduce anxiety and brain fog or Frankincense to increase higher mental powers. Start in child’s pose –making sure to have your fists or a block touching the brow between your eyes. From there move into a downward dog, placing a block so that your forehead is touching something. Use blocks during the forward fold before coming up to standing. Do several sun salutations– the first couple with your eyes open and then close your eyes to rely on your intuition to guide you through the sequence. During the balance work, we call upon the eagle again. The eagle, as well as other birds of prey, have amazing vision. They soar above everything and can see the tapestry of our lives. Without this eagle eye, our lives look like the underside of a tapestry– a mesh of threads going every which way. We work through several other poses from a seated position– all with our head touching a block. The simple act of touching a body part you are attempting to activate draws both your attention and energy there. Then meditate on the third eye by looking at a candle or closing the eyes completely and visualize a 5-pointed star with each point representing aspects of our higher brain functions. I had one of my students report back to me that after we worked the third eye chakra, she had a dream that her mother was in the room with her giving her a hug. She said it was not spooky, rather very comforting.
The fire staring practice is done first by softening your focus and staring at the flame as long as you can without blinking. Follow that with gently closing your eyes and noticing any visions or images that crop up. Try to allow thoughts and images to pass by as if they are clouds in the sky. If you are an auditory learner, hum the following seed sound— Aum, Aum, Aum. I invite my students to select a throat chakra affirmation to become their mantra as they leave the class. Maybe one of them will speak to you.
I wish you health and joy in your day. Namaste, Andrea
Heaven Lane Creations – Designing custom yoga classes to meet your physical, emotional and health needs. Designing individualized doTERRA oil routines for your health. Designing custom made jewelry to fit your style.
I have been feeling like Jimmy Stewart in the movie It’s a Wonderful Life” !
This summer, I was given the chance to go back in time to visit my college roommate, my family, and my grade school friends and through this journey, I realized the impact I have had on other people. Don’t get me wrong, I never thought I was useless, but I also never realized how a smiling, positive child who wrote this in her yearbook “ I still believe in love, the best is yet to come” could have left an indelible positive impression on so many people. It was a reminder to me (40 years later) that all of us put out energy every day that either improves people’s lives including your own or makes them worse. And through our positive energy we can affect physical and emotional health and well-being.
Here are a ten ways (some may surprise you) to keep your energy positive for you and all around you.
- Be grateful – as Mindvalley Founder,Vishen Lakhiani author of The Code of the Extraordinary Mind, says, Gratitude is the key part of advancing your Blissipline practice. Quoting now, in a study by Robert Emmonds, PhD and Michael Mccullough, PhD “people who simply wrote down five things they were thankful for from the previous week showed a 25 percent difference in happiness levels compared to people who wrote down five negative things from the week.”
- Forgive everyone who has hurt you. You don’t have to tell them, but you really do need to release the anger from inside you, which ends up hurting your energy more than the person you are angry with. Lakhiani also has some interesting evidence of the power of this practice. According to Lakhiani, forgiveness has been shown to increase the Alpha waves when looking at brain scans and it turns out that Alpha Waves are linked to higher levels of creativity, empathy and compassion.
- Surround yourself with beauty – flowers, cute dogs, music that inspires. It is hard to stay unhappy when you are surrounded by beauty.
- Turn off as many of the negative messages that you can, including TV and social media. I do not read any rants anymore. It upsets me and I really don’t believe ranting ever leads to positive change. I once read getting angry about things is like stabbing yourself. Especially if someone else has figuratively stabbed you with whatever action you didn’t like. Why do you want to put a second knife in your belly?
- Do kind things for other people, whenever possible. It is amazing how good you feel when you are charitable to others. A recent study quoted in Mindbodygreen showed that random acts of kindness lead to longer feelings of happiness than shopping.
- Figure out what it is that you like about yourself and remind yourself of your good qualities daily. “I have a nice smile. I make people laugh. I work hard” are some of the qualities I like about myself.
- This is the surprising one. Be careful of what you eat. All food has energy. Make sure the energy from that food is clean and positive. In other words, the food should be made with love and should be grown in a way that does not put toxic energy into you.
- Make your home a sanctuary —keep it clean and uncluttered when possible. I have not studied Feng Shu, but I know I feel better when my home looks, feels and smells clean.
- Make sure your relationships, your career and your creative energy bring you joy. Nothing is perfect, but you are much more likely to attract and manifest positive energy if you are engaged in what you are doing. (In other words, find something that allows you to get into the flow) Lahkiani calls this “Bending Reality”
- Exercise and meditate daily – take a walk in nature, do yoga, sit in silence and breath and allow the collective positive energy of the Universe to infuse every cell with this living breathing sphere we live on known as earth.
I am pleased to have three opportunities to spread my brand of happiness to you. Check out my yoga classes, my jewelry designs or my health tips using doTERRA essential oils. Connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wish you health and joy in your day!
Heaven Lane Yoga – Designing custom yoga classes to meet your physical, emotional and health needs.
Ask me about Doterra Oils. I can save you 25% and provide you with great, useful information.
Connect with me!