Recipe of the Month Blog
Experimenting with Zucchini Muffins
Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, But Oh So Yummy
Adapted from Best Ever Zucchini Muffins
2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup Tiger Nut Flour
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Real Salt (not Mortons)
1.5 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking powder (I use Aluminum free)
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg (this is a key ingredient for flavor)
3/4 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener (this replaces sugar in all my baking)
2 TBLSP of Chia Seed Neat Egg (egg replacement) Follow instructions for how to make eggs
2/3 cup melted and cooled Ghee (if completely dairy-free, you can use coconut oil)
2 tsp. Pure Vanilla
Zest of 2 lemons (crucial for taste)
2-3 cups of shredded organic Zucchini ( I did not peel mine)
1 over-ripe Banana
Directions for Making the Zucchini Muffins
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients (except monk fruit) and set it aside.
- In a separate larger bowl mix together the egg replacement with monk fruit, banana, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Add the melted ghee or coconut oil. Mix well
- Add shredded zucchini (I squeeze the water out of it with paper towels)
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix by hand.
- It will feel quite dry.
- Surprise ingredient. I added monk fruit sweetened vegan chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mix into paper-lined muffin tins
- Cook for 25 to 28 minutes
- Cool thoroughly before eating otherwise they crumble.
- Enjoy your healthy treat. It made 24 muffins, so I froze some.
They did not rise as much as muffins made with eggs and they don’t look really pretty, but they were so tasty. We loved them.