Recipe of the Month Blog
Best Blueberry Muffins
Adapted from Paleo Running Mom
This recipe does have a touch of coconut sugar for the crumbs on top.
Otherwise, no sugar, no grains, and you can make it egg-free as well!
For the crumb topping
5 tbsp Super-Fine Natural Almond Flour
2 tbsp soft but solid coconut oil or Ghee
3 tbsp of coconut sugar or maple sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 Super-fine almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp real or sea salt
2 tsp cinnamon
4 large eggs room temperature or egg replacement ( I do 2 eggs and 2 tbsp of egg replacement made with water)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
5 tbsp. of Monkfruit Sweetener
11/2 tsp pure vanilla
3 tbsp. coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature
1 cup fresh or drained frozen organic blueberries
Directions for Making the Blueberry Muffins
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients (except monk fruit) and set it aside.
- If you are using frozen organic blueberries (which I get from Costco) drain them over a strainer until the liquid drains out. Fresh organic blueberries, just wash and drain
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Prepare the crumb topping and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the muffin mixture
- Mix all of the wet ingredients except the blueberries in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the blueberries.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mix into paper-lined muffin tins. It should make 12 large muffins
- Add the crumb topping to each muffin.
- Cook for 18 to 20 minutes in a pre-heated muffin. Make sure it is cooked thoroughly by inserting a toothpick in the center and seeing if it comes out dry.
- Enjoy your healthy treat. They won’t last long