What Is A Certified Integrative Medicine Health Coach And Why You Might Need One?
An Integrative Medicine Health Coach uses a variety of lifestyle tools to help you feel your best regardless of your diagnosis. As a newly certified Integrative Medicine Health Coach, I work with you and your medical team to assess your current health status through careful history taking and laboratory testing. We will consider all the following factors:
- your diet,
- the quality of your food and supplements,
- your level and type of physical activity,
- the air you breath and water your drink,
- your exposure to toxins,
- chronic stress or traumas you may have experienced or are experiencing currently,
- your medicines,
- your age and gender and genetics,
- your sleep,
- intangibles like your willingness to change and reasons for want to improve your life,
- your support system including family, friends, community, church,
- your mindset and belief systems
I look at you as a person, not as a disease!
By unconvering the root causes of your condition, I can help you unravel your most intractable health challenges. My aim is to re-balance your body, mind and life through very concrete and actionable steps. We will work as a team. I will listen to your needs and concerns, but I will be your guide, your educator and your cheerleader. No one should go through this process alone. It takes time and there are many pitfalls including changing course too often, expecting immediate results, setbacks and new diagnoses.
I Know How Difficult Life Can be When You are Facing Serious Health Challenges
I have walked this walk. My health challenges began in my late 20s. Click on the podcast below for more of my story. I wish there were health coaches when I was figuring this out. Unfortunately, I had many difficult years due to a lack of understanding of chronic and autoimmune diseases. But in a way, this was a gift. I was forced to learn about health to fix my own health. Through the years of training and experimenting on myself, I have become an expert at living more vibrantly without multiple drugs and surgeries using many lifestyle measures
You Will Benefit From A FREE Consultation With Me If You Have Experienced Frustration In Getting Results And Suffer With
- Autoimmune Diseases including Hashimoto’s, RA, MS, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, etc.
- Hormonal Imbalances and Adrenal Fatigue
- Digestive issues including
- Chronic constipation
- Leaky Guy
- Other forms of gut dysbiosis
Here is what you can expect when we work together
During your first visit in person or online we will carefully review your whole life health history, creating a timeline of every significant event from birth. This is where we start to uncover the root causes of your current condition.
Next we will work together to develop some steps you can implement immediately while we pull together lab tests or acquire new tests from the most state of the art testing available. We are not testing to put you on a medicine, instead looking for nutritional deficiencies or hidden sources of inflammation such as underlying infections, parasites, toxins and foods sensitivities.
Relief, Remove, Replace, Re-Educate, Rebuild, Rebalance
We will work on getting you relief first. But this is only temporary. We need to correct the issues by removing foods and toxins to create conditions that lead to more permanent change. We will replace those foods and habits through re-educating you on what is causing your problems and how to fix them yourself. We will use every available best practice to rebalance your gut, your hormones, your health and your life so that you can start living again. We will focus on the following:
- food (how to buy, how to prepare, how and what to eat)
- supplements (quality and other factors to consider)
- essential oils and herbs (to detoxify and support your health)
- yoga (specific safe practices for people with chronic conditions)
- breathing and meditation (many different styles and techniques to chose from)
- mindset changes (there are excellent strategies for accomplishing this)
- Ayurveda (understanding your dosha and how that affects your health)
- Sleep strategies (based on the latest information and your particular Dosha)
- Trauma release strategies (simple, but effective)
- Visioning and affirmations (from many traditions)
Isn’t It Time To Take Control Over Your Health and Your Life
Imagine life without taking more medicines. Imagine life without fear of increasing incapacitation. This is possible through lifestyle approaches. We can together make big strides in your health, possibly reversing or putting in remission your chronic disease, so you can get back to living. However, this is not a quick fix. It is attainable through daily changes in your habits that we will work on together. I will stay on top of the latest research involving food, supplements, yoga, breathing, meditation, mindset changes and trauma release strategies. I will be your health detective asking more and more questions until we uncover the root causes to your sickness and the current block to your healing. I will also use some ancient, tried and true techniques from Ayurveda, a 10,000-year-old medical practice associated with yoga. I will leave no stone uncovered as I help you heal. My promise to you –If you follow the advice that I offer you and commit to these changes, you will feel better and live life more vibrantly no matter what you your diagnosis.