Recipe of the Month Blog
My Version of Brazilian Cheese Bread without eggs, milk, cheese or grains
Ingredients for Pão de Queijo
(Brazilian Cheese Bread without Cheese and Eggs)
2 Cups Polvilho Azedo
1.5 Cups Polvilho Doce
1 cup of cooked Sweet Potato
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Melted Ghee or Coconut Oil (vegan option)
1/3-1/2 Cup of water as needed depending on the consistency of your dough
Directions for Making the Bread
- Preheat your oven to 375 °
- Cook your sweet potato in either a pressure cooker or oven until soft. Remove the skin and mash it up
- Mix the 2 types of flour (one sweet and one sour), salt, melted ghee or coconut oil, and pre-cooked mashed sweet potato in a large mixing bowl.
- Knead with your hands while adding 1/3 to 1/2 cup water. Keep on kneading until the consistency feels like bread dough.
- Form into 1-2 inch balls on a parchment paper-covered flat baking sheet
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes depending on your oven
- The rolls will be soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Since there are no preservatives eat within 2 days.