Doing a Cleanse before the Holidays Is Not Crazy
- You will be less likely to overindulge during the holidays because you get rid of your cravings
- You will look amazing and radiant during the holidays which will provide you with more incentive to not overeat and drink
- You will get a head start on your New Year’s Resolutions to be your healthiest self.
- When you add foods in, you start to notice which foods you have a sensitivity to and which are ok for your body.
I am participating in the Conscious Cleanse by fellow yogis Jo Schaalman and Julie Pelaez. I am already a very careful eater due to my ongoing bouts of inflammation, signs of pre-diabetes and desire to stave off Alzheimer’s Disease. But this is truly a wonderful way to purify my body. And a lot easier than I thought.
After a Few Days of Adjusting, I Felt Great
I am already seeing amazing results. I was even able to play tennis on hard courts for the first time in years without pain. The next day, I played a 2.5-hour match in the hot sun after teaching yoga and I was not laid out on the floor all day. In fact, I got dressed up and went to a Networking Meeting, something I would not have been able to do when my diet was so poor. I ran out of steam by 5 pm.
Anyone can try something like this for two weeks –
Here is a summary of what I am doing based on the Conscious Cleanse program.
- Start each morning with a warm large cup of pure water with about a half lemon squeezed in.
- A green smoothie comes next. One day, it was Kale, Celery, apple or blueberries, Chia Seeds. Another day, spinach, avocado, almond butter, blueberries, coconut water. A smoothie can be more effective than juicing because you have not eliminated the fiber and you are predigesting the vegetables which means you have food for the beneficial bacteria.
- Meals are simple–loads of vegetables either steamed or light cooked in either Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil.
- If you are not vegan a bit of chicken or fish. Vegans can do lentils, chickpeas or black beans.
- Drink half my weight daily (ounces) in pure water (preferably earlier in the day to avoid getting up all night long)
- No sugar, no gluten, no eggs (tough one for me), no soy, no corn, no dairy, no strawberries, no shellfish, no tomatoes, no potatoes (these are all the big food allergy triggers)
You can give up the foods you love for two weeks in your life if you set your mind to it and your body is screaming at you “HELP”. Learning to be conscious about food choices is a big part of doing a program like this. Learning what it feels like to “feel unbelievably good” is another big plus. Being your Best Self instead of a person who is dragging through the days, wondering why you are tired all the time or hurt all the time or feel depressed or anxious are all great reasons to make your health a priority this Holiday Season. It is the Gift that Keeps Giving so to speak.
Please feel free to contact me at 239-634-0739 or email@example.com for a FREE 30-minute consultation, and discover how Heaven Lane can work with you on the path to health and happiness. If you are interested in jewelry, you can use the contact form or order through my ETSY store.