Recipe of the Month Blog
Zucchini is abundant now! It is delicious in this bread!
Ingredients for Zucchini Bread
(This bread is Paleo, grain-free, and dairy-free)
adapted from https://downshiftology.com
These are my choices of flours. Obviously, if you have a favorite substitute.
1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Organic Arrowhead Mills Tapioca Flour
1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp Real Salt or Sea Salt
3 organic free-range eggs (I love Vital Farms. You can see the difference in the yolks.)
1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp organic maple syrup or organic raw honey
1 tbsp Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 cups grated organic zucchini
Directions for Making the Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 °
- Mix all of your dry ingredients in a smaller bowl
- In a larger bowl whisk together the eggs, applesauce, honey or maple syrup and apple cider vinegar
- When well combined, add the grated zucchini
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients mixing as you go along
- Put parchment paper at the bottom of a loaf pan about 8.5 by 4.5 inches
- Pour in batter
- Bake for 55 minutes to an hour depending on your oven
- Check to see if the bread is ready by sticking a toothpick in it and see if it comes our relatively dry.
- You can add jam or ghee or butter or olive oil or just eat as it.
My son had never had zucchini bread before. He was amazed at how good it tasted.